How To Create A Repunzel Birthday Cake

I wanted to share my Repunzel cake that I made...I was surprised how easy it was to make!


Here is what I did:

I made the cake with store bought boxed cake.  

The icing is store bought with food color added.

The tower is again, store bought cake mix, baked into cupcakes.  To make them stack, I used icing between the layers and used a bamboo skewer that you would use for shish kabobs placed through the center into the base of the cake.  

The tower point, I used an ice cream cone and frosted it lavender (again, store bought frosting with food coloring).

I piped all of the ivy and flowers using various icing tips and a frosting bag.

To top it all off, I bought a Repunzel Doll for a topper.

I had searched for a bakery that was local that could do something like this and found that I could do it just fine on my own and had a blast doing it!

Comments