Road Trip Anyone?

We are getting ready for a road trip.  Stress all smashed up into a tiny little car.

This trip will be a little different and I'm actually pretty excited about it.  Normally, I travel with all three kids in my tiny little PT Cruiser.  When I first bought the car....I never imagined I would have more children.  I thought that part of my life was over. But to my surprise it wasn't and now we all look like clowns shoved into a Circus car.  One difference this trip is that my son will not be coming along - which means more space in the car and less fighting between the kids.  Oh JOY!  I might actually enjoy the drive this time.

Our last family trip, which was to Disney, was so organized that I surprised even myself.  So with that type of thinking in mind, I'm detailing my trip so that it's enjoyable and affordable!



1.  If you have AAA, order a Trip Tick.  It took about 10 days for it to arrive so make sure you call ahead.  They will print out maps and send Tour Books for areas along your route.  It's great!

2.  Book reservations early.  I used an excel spreadsheet to keep all of my information in one place.  You can print it and send a copy to your smart phone.

3.  Car maintenance.  Get your car serviced before you go.  One of my biggest fears is to be stranded with a car full of children.

source from hello, cuteness blog
4.  Packing List.  Maybe I'm just getting old, but it seems that I'm getting a little forgetful.  I am making an a packing list on Excel to help me stay organized.  It also keeps me from over packing!  My trunk space is very limited so space is precious.  I want the kids to feel comfortable and have all of the comforts of home too.

5.  SNACKS.  I have had many road trips where someone was not feeling well.  Myself included.  This trip I have decided to pack a cooler with tons of healthy snacks and drinks.  One trip, I was pregnant and just felt incredibly sick.  We stopped along the way and there was actually a gas station that offered snacks that were healthy!  Um, why didn't I think of this?!  So I grabbed a little snack box with grapes, cheese and crackers.  Just what this mamma needed!  I'm going to make ahead baggies of individual serving size snacks that I found on Pinterest.




Comments