Don't forget about me!

I have come back to my blog...dusted off the cobwebs off my scattered brain, plugged in the spark of imagination and creative thought....and shook myself awake.



I have not blogged in so very long.  It seems that I have lost myself in the everyday grind of life.  I have been lost and I have been buried deep.

I do work from home.  I sit in front of the computer and I am glued to the monitor as well as to the phone.  I take small breaks here and there trying to get chores done before the children get home...but regardless...it seems that I have  lost touch with myself.

Over the weekend, my husband pointed out how grey my hair was.  I took a long look in the mirror and I noticed that it was not just my hair I was neglecting...it was me all together.  I pretty much get up and shower and start my day.  I don't wear makeup any more...I don't do my hair, I dress in clothes that are full of holes and bleach stains...and my weight...well, then there's THAT and there is A LOT OF THAT!

Where oh where have I gone?  And how do I get myself back?

First thing I did...I bought some hair color and washed away that grey.  The box says it's supposed to make you look 10 years younger.  Magic in a box?!  Well, I don't feel 10 years younger...but I feel a little fresher.

Next thing, makeup.  Oh the power of makeup!  You don't need a full face of makeup like your going to a photo shoot...but it's amazing how a little bit of BB Cream and blush can brighten up your face.  A little mascara adds a nice cleanness to the eye and some light lip gloss gives a sparkle to your smile.  You look and feel so much better!  Not like you just crawled out of bed.  

The last thing I did...and I think this may be the most important and also the hardest for me...I made myself get up and OUT of the house.  YES, get up!  I know you have tons of work to do.  I know you have laundry to do, dishes are in the sink, floors need swept and food needs prepared.  However, you are no good to your family if you don't first take a little time for yourself.  

For my adventure today, I'm going to the farmers market.  I'll get some fresh air, be around PEOPLE, and have a little fun buying local foods.  I'll pretend that I'm on Chopped and create a mystery basket of ingredients that I have found at the Farmers Market.  I think that sounds like FUN!










Comments